Performance Program Information
This page provides information related to performance classes, school-wide recitals and the School’s honors recital. Participation depends upon several factors: student interest, as well as readiness. First year students, in particular, may need several months of lessons, sometimes a full year, before they may be ready to participate in a school performance.
If your child is not yet an active participant in student performances and wishes to be included, please speak with your teacher so they know of your child’s interest.
Our performance program is optional, but we find most students enjoy the opportunity.
2019-2020 Student Performance Program Calendar
Pakachoag Event and Performance Calendar 2019-2020
This information is also posted on the School Calendar Page.
2019-2020 Recital Rosters
Student Recital Performing Roster: Saturday, December 14, 3:00 PM
Recital rosters will be posted online and on school bulletin boards two weekends prior to recital date.
2019-2020 Recital Participation Request Forms
Saturday, February 8, 1:00 PM (Vinton Hall) *Form Due: January 11*
Saturday, March 14, 1:00 PM (Vinton Hall) *Form Due: February 15*
Saturday, May 9, 1:00 PM (Sanctuary) *Form Due: April 11*
Saturday, May 16, 1:00 PM (Sanctuary) *Form Due: April 11*
Saturday, June 6, 1:00 PM (Sanctuary) *Form Due: May 2*
Performance Class Rosters
Performance Class rosters will be posted online and on school bulletin boards at least one week prior to class.
Performance Class & Accompanist Rehearsal Sign-up Forms
Friday, January 10, 7:15 PM (Vinton Hall)
Monday, January 13, 6:30 PM (Vinton Hall)
Friday, January 31, 7:15 PM (Vinton Hall)
Monday, February 3, 6:30 PM (Vinton Hall)
Tuesday, February 4, 6:30 PM (Vinton Hall)
Monday, February 10, 6:30 PM (Vinton Hall)
Tuesday, February 11, 6:30 PM (Vinton Hall)
Currently Posted Class SIGN-UPS
A. Before & After You Sign-Up
BEFORE you click a link below to move to a SIGN UP page:
- Consult with your private teacher to confirm readiness and your piece(s)
- Determine the length of your piece(s), by minutes and seconds rounded up to the total minutes.
- Pick your selected date and click on the Sign-Up Icon for that date.
- Once you enter the “Sign-UP web page” (link below) pick the slot or slots that correspond to the total number of minutes for your teacher-assigned music. If you have a piece longer than 4 minutes, add up 1/2/3/4 minute slots to reach your total time. If you cannot find the exact time slot you need, please choose a longer slot rather than shorter. This ensures the class will not run too long in length.
- Are you signing up multiple family members? You will need to sign up each individual and note their instrument separately. Please do not use the option for “add another participant” when you check out /submit.
- Do you need an accompanist rehearsal? (Not necessary for pianists; may be necessary for instrumentalists and vocalists – check with your teacher). You will need to pick an accompanist rehearsal slot on the Sign-Up Page, in addition to a performance class slot. Class signup and accompanist rehearsal signup are two separate signups.
- If you sign-up and then withdraw less than one week prior to the class date (for reasons other than sickness), you will be charged a withdrawal fee of $15 for a performance class; and $15 for an accompanist rehearsal.
AFTER you have signed up…
- SCHEDULING: Classes will be scheduled in groupings of 1 or 2 sessions of 30, 45 or 60 minute classes. Session assignment is made by the coordinator and posted at least one week in advance of the class date, above (“Currently Posted Classes”).
- Please make sure to check the class postings before you arrive! End times and order of participants is subject to change.
Please note: Accompanist Rehearsals require a separate sign-up!
- These rehearsals are scheduled separate of the performance class.
B. Pick Your Date
If your desired date is not yet posted here, please check back soon.
New Family? Performance Program Parent Handbook
This handbook explains how the process works. Please click on the links provided to download a PDF copy of a handbook for parents and our “Are You Ready to Perform” flow chart:
Student Performance Handbook 2018
Recital flow chart
Cancellation Fees: Why we charge a fee for late withdrawal and no-shows for performance classes and pre-class accompanist rehearsals.
Instrumentalists and vocalists may require extra rehearsals with an accompanist to prepare for a recital. To secure an additional rehearsal with the School Accompanist, complete the form to request a rehearsal: Add-On Rehearsal Request Form
Honors Recital Information
Bi-Annual Honors Student Recital: This recital, next scheduled for March 2018, is open by audition. Students interested in participating should speak with and receive their teacher’s approval in advance of submitting a confirmation of participation form. A student/parent signed form is required in order to participate and must be submitted by the specified deadline. Please email the school performance coordinator for more information on pre-requisites required for participation, audition parameters, deadlines and permission form.
Honors Recital packet/guidelines for 2018: Honors Recital 2018