December 1, 2017
Hello Pakachoag Suzuki Program Families,
I hope that you have all enjoyed a restful Thanksgiving and are gathering your energy for the rest of the fall ‘Performance Season’ at Pakachoag. Lessons and practicing are more focused as we prepare for recitals, auditions and other performances.
Hopefully your child will feel well prepared for this after the October Practice Challenge. Many congratulations are due for hard work and accomplishments this fall:
- To the following students for completing the October Practice Challenge:
- Graciella Baublitz
- Maya Pascoal
- Eva Knorr
- To our new Debut parents for completing the Parent Training course
- To Graciella Baublitz for earning a Twinkle Pin
There are many reasons to study music: discipline, intellectual development, small motor skills… but at this time of year the reason that stands out is that music brings beauty, inspiration and fun to our lives. Through studying it we know it more deeply and can enjoy it more thoroughly through both listening and participation.
Take advantage of the many musical experiences that are available in our area and create some of your own.
Here are some ideas:
- We are fortunate to have Mechanic’s Hall nearby – you can catch Handel’s Messiah on Saturday.
- Check your local paper for the interesting offerings in your area. I found this!
Millennium Magic-a women’s barbershop quartet welcomes all to its festive Christmas concert to be held on Sunday, December 3rd at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Sturbridge!
- Stage a home concert at your holiday party. The chance to entertain and the positive feedback from friends and relatives can be a big motivator for students
- Create a holiday video. Have your student put on a Santa hat and play Jingle Bells or other seasonal selections. The relatives will love it.
- Go caroling – serenade the neighbors with violins. (wear gloves in between houses).
And of course there is a lot of music happening at Pakachoag this month.
December 1st Friday
December 4 Monday
- 6:30 session – Encore Group performance with rehearsal at 5:30
- 7:15 session – Andante Group
December 5 Tuesday
Go to the Pakachoag website for details:
Suzuki Groups rehearse with Mrs. Baker
December 8th Friday in the Great Hall
Here is the schedule:
- 4:30 Reina
- 4:45 Emma
- 5:00 Presto
- 5:30 Seth
- 5:45 Scherzo
- 6:00 Allegro
- 6:30 Fiddle Band run through (FB will still meet from 5:45-6:30)
Please let your group teacher know if you have a conflict.
Student Recitals – School Wide
Dec. 9 Saturday 2:00 and 3:30
Dec. 10 Sunday 1:00, 2:30 and 4:00
See the Pakachoag website for details:
Pakachoag students perform at the Christmas By Candlelight event at Old Sturbridge Village
December 16th Saturday
Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village is an evening filled with New England holiday traditions, live musical performances, storytelling, sleigh rides, festive foods, a roaring bonfire, and strolls around the decorated Village Common.
Pakachoag students will perform from 6:00-6:45.
For more information go to: www.osvchristmas.org
Suzuki Program Coordinator