Private Lesson Tuition
Tuition & Fees
Annual Registration Fee:
Due September or upon registration: $40 / student; $70 / family. This fee is non-refundable once a day and time for your first lesson has been confirmed.
For rates and a copy of the annual payment plan, please look below. Please note:
- While the payment plan outlined below is set up to reflect enrollment for a full academic year, families are welcome to enroll mid year.
If for some reason you are unable to continue for the full year, you may withdraw with four weeks notice. You will be charged for the number of weeks that have elapsed since your start date, plus four. Any over-payment after adjustments are made will be refunded.
We operate with a full year payment plan because most families who come to Pakachoag find they want to stay for the year (and beyond).
- We do recommend that you sign on with the intention of a minimum 3 month commitment.
This is because it takes a number of weeks for a student to develop a routine of practice and the student develops a better sense of success once they can experience their progress over an extended number of weeks.
- Mid-year enrollments are pro-rated based on your start date and the number of weeks remaining in the school year calendar (through late May/early June). Payment due dates usually remain the same, with dollars due adjusted as appropriate.
- Late payments are assessed a $10 monthly late fee. If payment is not made in a timely manner, lessons will be discontinued.
- The School will consider individualized payment plans upon request. Please contact the office for more information. We do not accept payments on a per lesson basis.
Payments Discounted for Cash and Check Payments
Pakachoag Music School offers a discounted rate for all cash/check payments as noted below.
In order to enhance the convenience for parents who prefer to pay by credit card, you can also make payment online, but at a non-discounted rate. The on-line payment structure offsets the administrative overhead incurred by the school for processing on-line payments.
Non-discounted rates are calculated at check-out in the registration portal.
Currently, the non-discounted tuition rate is 4% higher than the cash discounted rate.
2016-2017 Per Lesson Discounted (Cash/Check Payment) Rates (per lesson):
30 minutes – $35 / lesson
45 minutes – $49 / lesson
60 minutes – $66/lesson.
2016-2017 Annual Tuition – for full academic year (34 weeks) (payable in five installments), Discounted (Cash/Check Payment) Rates:
30 minutes $1190
45 minutes $1666
60 minutes $2244
Annual Payment Plan
If not paying in full at the time of registration, you will automatically be placed on the payment plan. For a downloadable pdf of the payment plan, please click:
- Private Lesson School-Year Payment Schedule. Page one shows discounted cash/check payment. Page show non-discounted rates, which are also calculated in the on-line registration portal and are currently 4% higher than the cash/check discounted rate.
Monday Students are billed based on a 32 week annual schedule to allow for Labor Day and Memorial Day holidays.
Additional discounts for 45 and 60 minute lesson rates and sibling discounts are granted based upon a minimum 16 week enrollment. Tuition includes a weekly private lesson and the opportunity to participate in additional performance/enrichment activities.
Sibling and Early Payment Discount
For families with siblings enrolled, a 10% sibling discount (for each registration beyond the first) is applied prior to the final payment and an adjusted statement provided prior to final payment.
Families paying in full by November 1st for the current academic year (through June) qualify for a $20 discount. Please contact the office to arrange for your discount.
For more information on scheduling, visit the Private Lesson Scheduling page.